Asking the right questions is key to finding the right answers
Focusing on the essentials in a complex world is a critical success driver
Doing less can be as important as doing something
The Why comes before the What and How
As an independent Board member, I am dedicated to the strategic development and financial governance of companies. Especially in the following areas I set impulses:
- Development of a vision and value-creating ambitions
- Development of a common understanding of the core business (focus) and definition of development paths (expansion)
- Definition and launch of specific strategic initiatives
- Implementation of strategic controlling
- Financial and risk analysis
- Budgeting, liquidity planning, integrated long-term financial planning, development of business models
- Design and improvement of risk and financial information systems as well as internal and external reporting
- Portfolio strategy, strategic capital allocation, ownership strategy
- Succession planning, acquisition and sale of companies and commercial real estate, MBO, MBI, mergers, joint ventures
- Financing, e.g. of takeovers, real estate projects, investment projects
- Increases in earnings and profitability, investment and project appraisals, business valuations
With Board Advisory, I support shareholders and board committees in increasing the enterprise value of companies and in corporate finance projects.
- Strategic assessment and advice
- Feasibility and valuation analysis
- Advisor evaluation, contracting and client-side project management
- Negotiation strategy and owner representation
- Establish owner-independent management
- Increase earnings growth and capital efficiency
- Create financial transparency and develop sound financial plans
- Reduce structural, financial, legal and tax uncertainties and risks
- Business unit analysis (earning capacity, capital employed, profitability, strategy, valuation)
- Identify potentials for value creation
- Implementation support and controlling
René Bock, Chairman of Thurgauer Kantonalbank and Tobi Seeobst AG
I have worked very successfully with Karel on countless challenging restructurings and company sales. I can recommend him both professionally and personally. At Tobi Seeobst AG we have been successfully expanding for 20 years through M&A acquisitions and mergers. Karel supported us in all transactions with great commitment and competence. His entrepreneurial drive and his focus on results have inspired us again and again. He has been an active member of our Board of Directors since 2013.
Marc Gläser, CEO Stöckli Swiss Sports AG
As an entrepreneurial sparring partner, I can recommend Karel without reservation! A conversation with him brings new perspectives and focuses on the essentials. He has a distinctive strategic thinking coupled with broad corporate finance knowledge and a pragmatic approach adapted to the situation.
Severin Gallo, Owner and Managing Director gammaRenax AG
The development of gammaRenax into a nationwide, integrated facility services provider was decisively influenced by Karel as a member of the Board of Directors. He attaches great importance to strategic thinking and action, financial management and critical self-reflection on the board.
Simon Gantner, Group CFO, Daetwyler Group
Karel's support in the merger of our internationally active Graphics division with Hell Gravure Systems, K. Walter and Bauer Logistik was decisive for the economic success of this strategic project. Karel is honest, loyal, very entrepreneurial, inspiring, pragmatic and highly professional.
Kurt Amacher, Chairman mimacom-Flowable Group
Karel has accompanied us for years as a consultant and board member in all corporate finance matters. He has a profound specialist knowledge and is a strong implementer. I particularly appreciate his social competence and sensitivity in these always very demanding topics.
Emanuel Greminger, Owner and Chairman Polygal AG
Karel has supported the handover of the company to the next generation with clear strategic analysis, assertiveness and emotional skills. He was very entrepreneurial, professional and result-oriented. Even in delicate situations, we could fully trust him.
Johannes Wirth, President of the Foundation Board of Quellenhof-Stiftung
As a proven financial expert, Karel ideally complements our Foundation Board. Especially in the further development of our various businesses and in the planning and implementation of the Town Village (a CHF 65m real estate project) we benefit from his deep knowledge and his excellent contacts.
Yves Böniger, founder and former owner of bb trading werbeartikel ag
Karel accompanied me in the sale of my business. He supported me in the decision-making process, prepared the company for sale and represented my interests in an extremely professional and emotionally competent manner. The cooperation with him was very valuable for me both personally and professionally.
Born 1971, married, 4 children and living in Seuzach. Interests: hiking, biking, beach volleyball, skiing, swimming, via ferrata, chess, travelling, cooking and reading.
After studying business administration at the HSG / University of St. Gallen (lic. oec. HSG, Strategy and Organization, 1996), Karel worked for 5 years as an M&A and Restructuring Manager at Helbling Business Advisors (www.helbling.ch). From 2001 to 2019: Co-founding and expansion of ZETRA International AG (www.zetra-international.com) to become one of the leading corporate finance boutiques in Switzerland.
In 2005, his first appointment as a member of the board of directors of a medium-sized company took place. 2013 completion of the course "New Concepts for the Board of Directors" of the Swiss Board School. Since 2019, Karel has been exclusively active as a Board member.
- VR Tobi Seeobst AG, Früchtehandel, 110 Mitarbeiter (2013 bis heute), Rolle: Corporate Finance, Audit & Risk und Strategie, www.tobi-fruechte.ch
- VR Flowable Holding AG, Softwareentwicklung, 300 Mitarbeiter (2014 bis heute), Rolle: Corporate Finance, Audit & Risk, flowable.com
- Stiftungsrat Quellenhof Stiftung, Wohn- und Arbeitsstätte, 80 Mitarbeiter (2014 bis heute), Rolle: Corporate Finance, Audit & Risk, www.qhs.ch
- Chairman of gammaRenax AG (since 2005), www.gammarenax.ch, facility services, 1'700 employees. Role: audit & risk, corporate finance, strategy
- Board member of Tobi Seeobst AG (since 2013), www.tobi-fruechte.ch, food, 110 employees. Role: audit & risk, corporate finance, strategy
- Board member of Flowable Holding AG (since 2014), flowable.com, software, 300 employees. Role: audit & risk, corporate finance, strategy
- Foundation board member of Quellenhof-Stiftung (since 2014), www.qhs.ch, home for invalid people, 80 employees. Role: audit & risk, corporate finance
Comprehensive expertise in corporate finance, M&A, restructuring, financing:
- Closing of more than 50 M&A transactions with an enterprise value of CHF 10m-300m
- Realization of more than 30 restructuring and reorganization projects of companies with revenues of CHF 20m - 500m
- Over 30 corporate finance projects implemented (financing of takeovers as well as major and real estate investments, preparation of business plans, financial models and valuations)
- Business-related services
- Software, IT, Technology
- Health and social services
- Food and trade
- Real estate and real estate services